Job Title: AV Technician (Hire Department)
Location: Carrington Business Park Manchester Road, Carrington, Urmston, M31 4ZU
Salary: Based on candidate suitability
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Fisher Audio Visual is one of the North West’s longest standing event production and hire companies, supplying a wide range of products and services to both the corporate and private event sectors. Our stock includes sound, lighting, vision, rigging, staging and set, LED walls, starcloths and drapes.
We are looking to add an experienced AV Technician to our Hire Department. The successful candidate will work closely with the hire team under the leadership of our Warehouse Manager.
Our hire team currently supply a dependable service to a growing number of venues throughout the North West. There is huge potential for the department to grow and we are keen to strengthen the team to help us achieve this.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
• Assisting the warehouse team with preparing equipment for hires and installs
• Delivering, setting up, de rigging and collecting AV equipment at venues across the North-West
• Working unaccompanied or as part of a team
• Occasional operating of equipment for events of various sizes and types
• Dealing with clients, suppliers, venue staff and crew both onsite and prior to the delivery / collection to ensure complete customer satisfaction
• Preparing equipment for events and general warehouse duties
• Previous experience in the AV, sound and lighting industry
• Excellent communication skills
• General IT knowledge (PowerPoint, Keynote knowledge would be helpful but not essential)
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Attention to detail
• Ability to problem solve and to work to deadlines
• High self-motivation and the ability to lead by example
• Flexibility and a can-do attitude
• Full UK Driving Licence
On-going training will be provided as and when the job role demands it. We are fortunate enough to have many specialists within the Company covering a range of skills from all aspects of technical production to business and account management, all of whom are keen to share this knowledge to upskill our team.
Career progression within our ambitious and expanding company will be available to proactive individuals.
Standard working hours work on a rota basis with the hire team Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm. Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will be required to work outside of these hours and weekends as projects demand.
Competitive salary based on candidate + overtime and benefits
• 32 days per year
• After 5 years continuous service, a further day’s holiday, 10 years = 2 days extra days, 15 years 3 extra days
The successful candidate will be auto-enrolled onto the Company Pension Scheme after 3 month’s employment.
A company uniform will be provided along with an annual safety footwear allowance.
The Company currently operates a bonus scheme, which all permanent employees are eligible to join after their first full year of service.
If you think you have what it takes and would be interested in being part of our team, then please email your CV to with a covering letter to email@example.com